Core Create for ages 12-18, Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm
Step into the theatre and play a part in the process of devising new performances alongside other like-minded creative young people.
Working with professional theatre director Jenny Sheehan, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Develop their creative writing, acting and directing skills for theatre
- Explore play scripts and devise new performances from scratch
- Play with improvisation, storytelling, physical theatre and clowning techniques
- Gain an understanding of Lighting, Sound and Set Design elements
- And prepare to present your work on The Core’s stage at a public Showcase performance in July.
Core Create members will also get to take part in all other projects at The Core including:
- Attending Theatre shows and meeting the makers of visiting performances for free
- Working on special events like GROW Festival and Mardi Gras
- Doing work experience with the technical, marketing and creative departments at The Core.
Core Create is completely FREE for this term with the first session in person on Wednesday 5th May.
There is no audition process and people of all experience levels are welcome to join.
If you want to be a part of life at the theatre and want to try out all aspects that bring a performance together then this group is for you.
With Covid safety measures in place, sessions run every Wednesday from 5th May-7th July, 5pm-6pm (please note, no session on Wednesday 2nd June). There is a welcome online session on Wednesday 28th April, 5pm-6pm where you can find out more!
All participants need to be registered and receive confirmation before attending.
For further information, please contact [email protected]
In the event of a lockdown or restrictions changing, sessions will take place on Zoom rather than in person.