For ages 12-18
Next term: Wed 8 September – Wed 24 November
(No session on Wed 27 Oct)
Step into the theatre and play a part in the process of devising new performances alongside other like-minded creative young people.
Working with professional theatre director Jenny Sheehan, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Develop their creative writing, acting and directing skills for theatre
- Explore play scripts and devise new performances from scratch
- Play with improvisation, storytelling, physical theatre and clowning techniques
- Gain an understanding of Lighting, Sound and Set Design elements
- And prepare to present your work on The Core’s stage at a public Showcase performance in July.
Core Create members will also get to take part in all other projects at The Core including:
- Attending Theatre shows and meeting the makers of visiting performances for free
- Working on special events like GROW Festival and Mardi Gras
- Doing work experience with the technical, marketing and creative departments at The Core.
There is no audition process and people of all experience levels are welcome to join.
If you want to be a part of life at the theatre and want to try out all aspects that bring a performance together then this group is for you.
With thanks to the Travers Foundation, we are able to offer our fees at a reduced rate for this term: £50.
Due to the generous support of the Margaret Giffen charitable trust, we have a limited number of free/bursary funded places available to support children and young people to take part in Get Involved sessions from families who may be experiencing financial hardship. Please follow the link below to fill in a short Google form and we will let you know via email if your application for a bursary for this term has been successful.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have registered via the Google doc and either applied for a bursary or made payment below, or with box office, to guarantee your place.
For further information, please contact [email protected]
In the event of a lockdown or restrictions changing, sessions will take place on Zoom rather than in person.