This Dementia-Friendly screening offers those living with dementia the chance to enjoy a film in a relaxed and supportive environment. Tickets include a free tea or coffee. Our bar will be open an hour before the screening serving snacks and refreshments.
One of the best of Elvis Presley‘s pre-Army films, Jailhouse Rock offers us the sensual, ‘dangerous’ Elvis that won the hearts of the kids and earned the animosity of their elders. Presley plays Vince Everett, a young buck who accidentally kills a man while protecting the honour of a woman. He is thrown into prison, and following his performance in the prison show, where ol’ swivel-hips score a hit, he decides to stay in showbiz after his release. He sets up his own record company but success goes to his head, and he is deserted by his flunkeys and hangers-on. Everett learns the value of friendship and slowly rebuilds his reputation and career. Seldom would Elvis be so well showcased in the future.
Specially trained staff will be on hand and the screening will also include:
– An interval midway through the film
– clearer signage to help you find your way about
– no adverts or trailers preceding the screening
– the lights will be up a little and the sound reduced slightly
– people are welcome to move about as they wish
– we encourage you to sing along and enjoy yourself
- The Theatre