This Dementia-Friendly screening offers those living with dementia the chance to enjoy a film in a relaxed and supportive environment. Tickets include a free tea or coffee. Our bar will be open an hour before the screening serving snacks and refreshments.
Gene Kelly directs, choreographs and stars in this 1952 musical comedy, with Debbie Reynolds. Don and Lina are the darlings of the silent screen. When their new film is chosen to be turned into a ‘talkie’ (and a musical at that) Lina’s shrill voice presents a bit of a problem.
Specially trained staff will be on hand and the screening will also include:
– An interval midway through the film
– clearer signage to help you find your way about
– no adverts or trailers preceding the screening
– the lights will be up a little and the sound reduced slightly
– people are welcome to move about as they wish
– we encourage you to sing along and enjoy yourself
- The Theatre
- Approx. 2 hours