This Dementia-Friendly screening offers those living with dementia the chance to enjoy a film in a relaxed and supportive environment. Tickets include a free tea or coffee. Our bar will be open an hour before the screening serving snacks and refreshments.
Billy Wilder’s hysterical classic sees slick saxophone player Joe (Tony Curtis) and his long-suffering buddy Jerry (Jack Lemmon) hiding from Chicago mobsters by masquerading as women in an all-female band, and befriending singer Sugar (Marilyn Monroe).
Specially trained staff will be on hand and the screening will also include:
– An interval midway through the film
– clearer signage to help you find your way about
– no adverts or trailers preceding the screening
– the lights will be up a little and the sound reduced slightly
– people are welcome to move about as they wish
– we encourage you to sing along and enjoy yourself
- The Theatre